The Electric Groove Rider - CubaDupa
It’s the final party of summer; CubaDupa hits Wellington’s Cuba Precinct 28–29 March transforming iconic Cuba Street into a magical playground of adventure, light, sound and taste.
CubaDupa will run on Saturday 28 March from 12 noon to 12 midnight and Sunday 29 from 12 noon to 5pm. Roads will be closed to through traffic from midnight Friday 27 March to 5am Monday 30 March.
During this time roads will become pedestrianised from Manners Street up to Karo Drive and between Taranaki and Victoria Streets (with the exception of Vivian Street). There will be no parking on the streets throughout the zone, which will be sign-posted from Friday 27 March.
The following streets will all be closed:
Dixon Street (between Taranaki and Victoria Streets)
- Ghuznee Street (between Taranaki and Victoria Streets)
- Marion Street
- Garrett Street
- Cuba Street (between Karo Drive and Wakefield Streets on Saturday 28 and between Karo Drive and Dixon Street on Sunday 29)
- Abel Smith Street (between Kelvin Grove and Kensington Streets)
- On Saturday 28, Lower Cuba Street between Manners and Wakefield Streets, will also be closed for the Night Market.
Other events happening in Wellington over the weekend include:
- Hurricanes vs Melbourne Rebels 7.35pm Friday 27 March at Westpac Stadium
- Relay for Life Saturday 28 March, 4pm – 12 midnight and Sunday 29 March 12 midnight – 9am at Frank Kitts Park
- Sanitarium Weet-bix Kids TRYathalon Sunday 29 March at Kilbirnie Park from 9am.
- The Wellington Phoenix welcomes Sydney FC Sunday 29 March at Westpac Stadium with kick-off at 5pm
There will be one lane closure during Relay for Life on Jervois Quay, adjacent to Frank Kitts Park and there may be delays through Mount Victoria Tunnel on Sunday.
For more information on the CubaDupa programme of events, traffic, access for businesses and residents go to CubaDupa
If you would like to leave your car behind and take the train or bus go to Metlink. If you feel up to cycling, there are bike racks available on Bute Street (off Vivian Street).